One DR-capsule contains 30 billion of lactobacilli of 8 strains (L.rhamnosus, L.casei, L.pantalum, L.paralantarum, L.acidophilus. L.bulgaricum, L.gasseri, L.fermentum).
Enteric delayed-release capsules (DR-capsules) for oral use.
Properties of components
Multizan® ProBiotic Mega is a specialized multi-species probiotic, which contains 8 types of probiotic lactobacilli in the amount of 30 billion (30x109) bacteria in a capsule. Lactobacilli (lactic acid bacteria) are one of the main families of probiotic bacteria that differ in a number of unique properties:
- lactobacilli have a high ability to colonize the gastrointestinal tract, suppressing the invasion and growth of pathogenic microorganisms;
- lactobacilli are the only probiotics that colonize all parts of the gastrointestinal tract including the oral cavity, small and large intestines;
- lactobacilli create conditions for the successful reproduction of other probiotic bacteria, for example, bifidobacteria, due to a high antagonistic and immunological activity.
According to many scientific studies, the use of probiotics has a proven effect in case of diarrhea of any etiology. Due to the ability of lactobacilli to restore and maintain the beneficial intestinal microflora, as well as their proven antibacterial and antiviral activity, they are used to prevent and treat infectious diarrhea including antibiotic-associated diarrhea and a rotavirus infection.
Lactobacilli in Multizan® ProBiotic Mega’s composition are resistant to antibiotics and retain high viability when storing and passing through the gastrointestinal tract. Advanced delayed-release capsules (DR-capsules) are dissolved in the intestine and thus protect lactobacilli from gastric acid damage that ensures their viability and effectiveness.
Multizan® ProBiotic Mega is intended to reduce the symptoms and duration of diarrheal syndrome in the following cases:
- rotavirus infection;
- antibiotic-associated diarrhea;
- travelers’ diarrhea;
- as a comprehensive therapy of C.difficile-associated diarrhea;
- to restore the disturbed balance of microflora after a past intestinal infection (diarrhea).
Route of administration
1 capsule 1-2 time(s) per day during meals for adults and children after 6 years.