Chelated complex of iron bisglycinate (calculated as elemental iron 20 mg).
A chelated form of iron bisglycinate in Multizan® Ferrum’s composition is a highly effective and digestible iron as a part of the chelated complex. Due to the chelated form, the mineral more easily penetrates through the intestinal wall and is absorbed without disturbing the mineral and ionic balance of a cell. Iron in the form of a chelated complex is characterized by high bioavailability, excellent tolerance and safety. It does not irritate the gastric mucosa, does not cause constipation and nausea, does not stain tooth enamel, does not cause a metallic taste in the mouth. Iron bisglycinate does not interrupt the absorption of other minerals and nutrients due to an ionically neutral molecule.
No harmful or allergenic excipients are used in Multizan® Ferrum, therefore, it can be intended for any category of patients: children, adolescents and adults, as well as women during pregnancy and lactation. Cocoa allergy is an exception, as a natural cocoa flavor is used for dispersible tablets.
Multizan® Ferrum 20 is used as an additional source of iron to maintain the function of the hematopoietic system, immune and nervous systems, in case of deficiency and an increased need for iron. It is recommended as a complex therapy in all cases of iron deficiency: iron deficiency anemia, latent iron deficiency, as well as its primary and secondary prevention:
- in case of chronic and prolonged blood loss during the menstrual cycle (hypermenstrual syndrome) in women and adolescent girls;
- in case of gastrointestinal diseases accompanied by chronic blood loss (erosive gastritis, peptic ulcer, polyps, hemorrhoids, and etc.);
- in case of impaired nutrient absorption (celiac disease, malabsorption);
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- for vegetarians;
- for blood donors.
For children over 14 years and adults to cover normal physiological iron needs: 1-2 tablets per day orally (one tablet for men, two tablets per day for women), chewing or swallowing whole, washing down with water or juice.
To correct iron deficiency, the dose and duration of administration are individually determined by a doctor, depending on the severity of anemia.
A recommended daily dose is 40 mg in case of latent iron deficiency.
If you cannot swallow a tablet or prefer a liquid form, you can dissolve the tablet in water.
1. Put Multizan® Ferrum’s dispersible tablet in a teaspoon or tablespoon.
2. Add a few milliliters of water.
3. Shake carefully to dissolve the tablet.
When suspension is obtained, the dose is ready for administration.